Updated: June 21
What we’re currently accepting (Sorry, NO EXCEPTIONS!):
Clothing & Accessories:
- Preemie clothing
- Summer hats, especially ones with chin straps & toggles / Ball caps
- Boys shorts: Size 2-8Y
- Blue Jays Tshirts & caps
- Trendy & unique boy clothing, Size 4-8Y
- Birthday Girl / Birthday Boy themed items
- Pride-themed / Rainbow items
- Ballet tights, bodysuits & slippers / Gymnastics clothes
- Boys pants, size 4-8 : Skinny styles and track pants
- Girl 2P pyjamas, Size 2-7 / Boy pyjamas, Size 2+
- Band Tshirts & onesies
- 1 piece surf / SPF suits / UV clothing
- Swimwear, Size 2+ (Girls & Boys)
- Hershel & MEC backpacks
- Toddler umbrellas (Melissa & Doug, Hello Kitty, etc.)
- Sunglasses: Babiators, Baby Banz, etc.
- New in packaging socks / New in packaging underwear & training pants
- Clothing Brands: Red Thread / Redfish / Mini Rodini / Baby Boden / Lazy Pants / Bobo Choses / ivivva / Zara / Crew Cuts / Marc Jacobs / Stella McCartney / Mini Mioche / Ollie Jones / Diesel / tea / Hatley / Joah Love / Aviator / Butter / High-end import brands / Interesting boutique brands / Organic brands
- Salt Water Sandals
- Mini Melissa shoes / sandals
- KEEN Sandals
- Native shoes & sandals
- Mini Mocs / Freshly Picked mocs
- Lightweight velcro sneakers
- Converse / VAN sneakers
- TOMs & BOBs
Toys & Books:
- Fidget Spinners
- Finger puppets
- TEGU magnetic blocks
- Schleich animals & figures
- Vintage & reproduction Fisher Price toys (Record players, Happy Apples, etc.)
- Wooden toys (Haba, Plan, Hape, Melissa & Doug, Janod) – Especially food-themed
- Flat-out bears
- Blabla dolls
- American Girl dolls and clothing
- Corolle dolls, clothing, accessories
- New in packaging toys & games
- Complete book sets: Harry Potter / Chronicles of Narnia
- Dr. Seuss books / Sandra Boynton books
- Book: The Secret World of Og, Pierre Berton
- Book: The Book with No Pictures, B.J. Novak
Gear & Nursery:
- Summer-weight car seat covers / Sun shades
- Electric bottle warmers
- Skip Hop DUO & courier diaper bags
- EZPZ placements
- Travel picnic blankets
- White noise / Sound machines (No sleep sheeps)
- Phil & Ted lobster chairs
- Baby Gates – All hardware must be included
- Bunnykins & Wedgwood dishes (plates, bowls, egg cups, mugs, piggybanks)
- A Dock A Tot
- Noise Cancelling headphones
- Aden & Anais swaddle blankets
- MOBY wraps
- Tuffo brand products: Totes & wet/dry bags
- Stroller cup holders / Toddler trays / Caddies / Mommy Hooks
- High-end, pristine umbrella strollers (i.e. UppaBaby G-luxe, MacLaren)
- Airplane travel slings
- Sleepsacks: 12m+
- Stroller piggy-back boards
- HBC, Canadiana & Toronto/Local-themed items
- GRO clocks
- Nursery lights & night lights
- Pottery Barn / Restoration Hardware nursery decor items
Maternity & Nursing:
- Make-My-Belly-Fit maternity coat extenders & similar
- A Nursing stool
- Fancy summer-weight occasion dresses
Drop-off times (No appointment necessary): Wednesday – Friday, 11-5 / Sunday, 12-3.
HOW IT WORKS
If you’d like to consign with us or have an account and would like to drop off more, please read the below.
- Our consignment ratio is 65% for Merrily, merrily & 35% for consignors, as of February 1, 2017. All items listed before this time will be honoured at the previously agreed upon ratio. This only affects new items dropped off after February 1.
- Consignor profit can be used as cash or credit (Same value)
- To set-up an account, we require a minimum of 10 items or a value of $50+
- Items must stay at least 6 months due to the time invested preparing them for sale
Where & when do I drop off my items? Please bring them to our store at 1854 Danforth Avenue during these hours: Wednesday – Friday, 11-5 / Sunday, 12-3.
How is my account set-up? We inventory everything in an itemized list that shows the items & their associated prices. Your account is assigned a unique number and each item is catalogued and tracked in our system daily.
What & how do I get paid for my items? You receive 50/40/35% of the purchase price, upon sale, depending on when your items were dropped off. Prices are based on the original price, condition, seasonality, and a fair price for our customers. The money you make as people buy your items accumulates in your account. You can make a purchase from your account anytime, be paid by cash, cheque, or email transfer (EMT). Please note there is a $1.50 charge for an EMT.
How do I bring my items in? Please ensure items are laundered and free of imperfections (rips, stains, markered labels, name labels, broken zippers, pet hair, pilling, dirt in shoe treads, etc.) and have all parts & working batteries. If you wouldn’t buy it in a store, please do not bring it in. Also, snapping snaps, buttoning buttons and removing name labels is appreciated. If items have ‘too much love’ on them, we won’t list them. We reserve the right to donate / dispose of an accepted item without notice if there are any defects and to reduce the price of items based on annual sales. If there are items we can’t take you may keep them or have us donate them on your behalf. Please pick these items up within one week, if you would like them back.
When will my items be on the site? We endeavour to get your things online for sale quickly. Sometimes if we get a lot at once or your drop-off is large, it may take a few weeks to get everything inventoried, photographed, and uploaded to the site.
Can I take items back? / How do I close my account? Reviewing, prepping, cataloguing, photographing, and the overall management of your account is very time consuming. For this reason, we ask that you leave your items with us for at least 6 months. We do not get rid of items after 6 months. They can stay until they sell! If you elect to take items back or close your account, we ask that you pick your items up within 1 week, please. If your account is inactive for 1 year (We don’t see or hear from you), it will be automatically closed.
How do I know how much is in my account? Currently, there is no automated way to check your account balance. Please send us a note or pop into the store and we’ll let you know.
I make awesome things. How do I sell them with you? Please get in touch and let’s talk!
Generally, WHAT DO YOU ACCEPT?
Clothing & Linens
What we take is at our discretion based on our personal tastes and the known tastes of our customers. We especially like handmade items, organic pieces, boutique treasures & import brands. All clothing must be:
- Newborn – Children’s 16 sizes
- Freshly laundered and (relatively) wrinkle-free
- Free of defects (stains, tears, visible wear, piling, fading, etc.)
- Seasonally-appropriate (Although we do take some out of season items)
Shoes need to be in new or in like-new condition. If they are a high end brand like Livie & Luca, Tip Toey Joey, Pediped, etc. some slight wear condition may be considered. Walking shoes, leather shoes, high-end sneakers and imports sell really well. We’re always looking for Padraigs, cool kicks, Robeez, moccasins, and high-end walking shoes.
Toys, Books, Music & DVDs
We especially delight in finding interesting items that cannot be found elsewhere. Do you have homemade wooden toys or vintage children’s books lying around? Bring them in and let us take a look! Also, we happily accept French and other language items.
Equipment & Gear
We sell a variety of equipment and children’s safety is our number one priority. We’re looking for big and small items –both practical and whimsical. Some of the categories we’re always looking for include sleep sacks, feeding accessories, diaper bags, and carriers & wraps.
Due to space constraints, our intake of furniture is limited to the highest quality and most interesting items. Have an amazing crib or a beautiful rug that your little one has outgrown? Bring it in and let us take a look. Or, if your items are too big to bring in, please feel free to send us pictures and descriptions. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We’re thrilled to get handmade items of all descriptions. If you want to sell your wares with us, we would LOVE to hear from you. Please get in touch!
Items we never accept:
- Drop-side cribs
- Items on manufacturer recall lists
- Items with missing pieces / components
- Used socks & underwear
- Pekkle snap sleepers
- Bumper pads that are not the breathable/mesh variety
- Clothing with toggles or drawstrings longer than 7cm
- Items with tag labelling, missing buttons, fading, pilling, tears, rips, stains, imperfections of any kind!
- Toys without batteries
- Inflatable toys or equipment
- VHS tapes & audio cassettes
- Used stuffed animals (new, vintage & handmade accepted)
- Unsealed puzzles over 50 pieces
- Older versions of Leapfrog systems & media
- Car seats & car booster seats
- Safety hardware
- Bath seats with suction cups
- Seat belt adjusters
- Most sports equipment / Ski equipment
- Breast pumps, breast pump accessories, etc. (Motors & sealed in package accepted)
- Clothes that were great for pregnancy but aren’t a maternity piece
- Small Adult clothing
If you’re unsure about a specific item, please get in touch!